Whether you are a stay home mom and you can’t leave the house during nap time or a busy professional who only has a break during lunch, therapy is available to you.
The benefits of online therapy are multiple:
- It saves you time because there is no commute.
- It is especially helpful for people with social anxiety that have hard time leaving their safe zone.
- With online counseling the therapist’s schedule can be more flexible and clients have access to them after office hours.
- Clients have access to their therapists even when they travel so the therapy process is not interrupted.
- Online Therapy offers more anonymity and confidentiality and you don’t have to worry about being seen in anyone’s waiting room.
- Whether your child is home sick you, something unexpected happened and you are running late for your appointment, or the weather does not permit you don’t have to miss your session and pay the late cancellation fee.
Even though psychotherapy face to face allows for an in-person connection between client and therapist to develop organically, technology has made it relatively easy for such a relationship to develop over the web as well. Plus, the dis-inhibition effect allows clients to sometimes “go deeper” and thus have faster results!
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of New York and I offer online counseling to clients that reside in the same state.
Online therapy is relatively new and the licensing rules and regulations in this field are still evolving.
How Does It Work
If you have question about online therapy please feel free to call me at (585) 484-0638 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a 20-minute free consultation to find out more details.
If you decide this is something that might work for you, the process is easy.
At the time of your appointment you will receive a link in your email inviting you to “check in.” If you are doing this from your computer at home, you don’t need to worry about downloading anything. If you are using your smartphone you will be prompted to install the doxy.me app.
When it is time for your appointment you “check in” the virtual waiting room and you wait for me to “call you in”