Online Counseling is relatively new and the licensing rules and regulations in this field are still evolving. I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of New York and I can only do therapy with clients that reside in the same state.
The benefits of online counseling are multiple:
- It saves you time because there is no commute.
- It is especially helpful for people with social anxiety that have hard time leaving their safe zone.
- With online counseling the therapist’s schedule can be more flexible and clients have access to them after office hours.
- Clients have access to their therapists even when they travel so the therapy process is not interrupted.
- Online counseling offers more anonymity and confidentiality and you don’t have to worry about being seen in anyone’s waiting room.
Here is some information if you would like to know more:
How Does It Work
You can call me at (585) 484-0638 or email me at email@example.com and after we find an agreed upon time you will receive a link in your email inviting you to “check in.” If you are doing this from your computer at home you don’t need to worry about downloading anything. If you are using your smartphone you will be prompted to install the doxy.me app. You check in the virtual waiting room and you wait for me to “call you in” 🙂